Charitable Grants will be awarded to non-profit, tax-exempt organizations in Kanawha County, West Virginia, that provide services directly to children or adults who are homeless or battered, or to organizations that meet basic needs for food, shelter and clothing. Grants will also be awarded to non-profit Arts organizations in Kanawha County, West Virginia.
The Trustees will consider all qualified applications from organizations that are exempt from taxation from the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)3 of the United States of America.
Applicants for Grants must adhere to these requirements:
- A request must be submitted electronically by the proposed grant recipient, All Information to the left must be included on the application.
- A list of the charitable organization’s officers and directors must be attached.
- Financial statements for the previous three years must be attached.
- A proposed budget for the current fiscal year must be attached.
- Verification of federal tax exempt status under IRS Code Section 501(c)3 must be attached.
- The most recent audit must be attached.
- An Annual report, if available, must be attached.
Grants will be awarded quarterly. All applications for non-profit organizations must be received in February, April, June, or December. The Foundation will consider grant requests at its semi-annual meetings.
The Awards Process:
Although the Trustees of the Foundation endeavor to respect the guidelines set forth, the Trustees reserve the right to select deserving causes that may fall outside some or all of the guidelines, yet still demonstrate a substantial need that meets the interests of the Glotfelty Foundation.
Priority will be given to proposals that:
- Document need
- Demonstrate community support of the organization as reflected by the total number of contributors and amount donated
- Demonstrate innovation in program approach
- Include methods of evaluation
A report must be submitted by the recipient at the end of the fiscal year, outlining the accomplishments achieved with the grant.
Send Grant Requests to: