We are dedicated to advancing Human Potential in
Kanawha County, WV through the Arts, Education and Human Services.

Education Grants (Scholarships)

This scholarship is designed to assist the student who may have matured late, who may have completed a GED, or who may not have been a high achiever but who is now ambitious, is willing to work hard, and has a sound educational goal.  The Trustees will consider applications from individuals who are graduating or who plan to resume their education.

Applicants must reside in Kanawha County, West Virginia. Demonstrated financial need and educational goals will be considered in award of the scholarship. High grade point averages are not a top priority to be considered. No grants will be awarded to an individual. Scholarship grants are awarded directly to accredited colleges, universities or technical/vocational schools on behalf of high school graduates and GED recipients.

Educational Grant Application Requirements:

  1. The application must include all information on the right.
  2. Official transcripts of grades must be attached.
  3. Copies of individual and/or parental tax returns must be attached.
  4. Documentation of ACT or SAT scores must be attached.

Scholarships will be awarded twice a year. Applications for scholarships must be received two months prior to the beginning of each semester, particularly the date that funds are due for tuition.

Send Grant Requests to:

Glotfelty Foundation

Sue Sergi

Information to Include with Scholarship Requests

  • Date of Application
  • Applicant Name
  • Address, City, State, Zip
  • Email Address
  • High School Attended
  • College, University, Technical School including address, email, contact information
  • Scholarship Request Amount
  • Family Income
  • Student Income
  • Grade Point Average
  • ACT or SAT Scores
  • Major
  • List of Extracurricular Activities including Community Service
  • List Work Experience
  • Personal Essay explaining how this scholarship will help you to meet your goals
  • Attach Transcripts, Documentation of ACT or SAT scores, Documentation of parents or student income